Sunday, July 19, 2009

Things that Albuera St Students are good at

Since I started helping out with school scripture, I have noticed that the kids at Albuera St are good at an awful lot of things:
  • running
  • hopping
  • popping balloons
  • making stuff
  • seeing through Mr Chews phony tricks
  • understanding the Bible
Last week we read about some of the people that Jesus made friends with. A lot of them weren't necessarily the kind of people that you would expect. I think the kids were surprised that Jesus spent time with a lot of people that no one else liked - and not always the rich people, or the religious people, or the "good" people.

The people on my table read about Zacchaeus, from Luke 19. I was impressed by how well we got to understand what Zacchaeus was like (pretty mean, sneaky and shifty), why we wouldn't want to hang out with someone like that, and so why it is so surprising that Jesus did. The change in Zacchaeus after he met Jesus was pretty impressive too.

I have really enjoyed helping out with School Scripture. I have to go away on business this week so I won't be there, but I'm looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment